THE GODBER FOUNDATION CONSTITUTION
The organisation’s name is The Godber Foundation and recognised branding is as follows:
2 THE PURPOSES OF THE Organisation ARE:-
- Create cricketing opportunities within the East Riding of Yorkshire.
- Make cricket more accessible to new participation groups such as Young People, Female and disability groups.
The charity shall be managed by a committee of trustees who are appointed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the charity.
4 CARRYING OUT THE PURPOSES
In order to carry out the organisations purposes, the trustees have the power to:
- raise funds, receive grants and donations
- apply funds to carry out the work of the charity
- co-operate with and support other charities with similar purposes
- do anything which is lawful and necessary to achieve the purposes
The Organisation shall have a membership. People who support the work of the organisation and are aged 18 or over, can apply to the trustees to become a member. Once accepted by the trustees, membership lasts for 3 years and may be renewed. The trustees will keep an up-to-date membership list.
The trustees may remove a person’s membership if they believe it is in the best interests of the organisation. The member has the right to be heard by the trustees before the decision is made and can be accompanied by a friend.
6 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – AGM
- The AGM must be held every year, with 14 days notice given to all members telling
them what is on the agenda. Minutes must be kept of the AGM.
- There must be at least 5 members present at the AGM.
- Every member has one vote.
- The trustees shall present the annual report and accounts.
- Any member may stand for election as a trustee.
- Members shall elect between 3 and 10 trustees to serve for the next year. They will retire at the next AGM but may stand for re-election.
7 TRUSTEE MEETINGS
- Trustees must hold at least 3 meetings each year. At their first meeting after the AGM they will elect a chair, treasurer and secretary. Trustees may act by majority decision.
- At least 3 trustees must be present at the meeting to be able to take decisions. Minutes shall be kept for every meeting.
- If trustees have a conflict of interest they must declare it and leave the meeting while this matter is being discussed or decided.
- During the year, the trustees may appoint up to 2 additional trustees. They must be re-elected at the next AGM to continue their role.
- The trustees may make reasonable additional rules to help run the charity. These rules must not conflict with this constitution or the law and be accepted by 75% of the committee excluding themselves.
8 MONEY AND PROPERTY
- Money and property must only be used for the organisation’s purpose.
- Trustees must keep accounts. The most recent annual accounts can be seen by members on request.
- Trustees cannot receive any money or property from the charity, except to refund reasonable out of pocket expenses.
- Money must be held in the organisation’s allocated bank account.
9 GENERAL MEETINGS
If the Trustees consider it is necessary to change the constitution, or wind up the organisation, they must call a General Meeting so that the membership can make the decision. Trustees must also call a General Meeting if they receive a written request from the majority of members. All members must be given 14 days notice and told the reason for the meeting. All decisions require a two thirds majority. Minutes must be kept.
- Winding up – any money or property remaining after payment of debts must be given to a charity with similar purposes to this one.
- Changes to the Constitution – can be made at AGMs or General Meetings.
- General Meeting – called on written request from a majority of members.
- Trustees may also call a General Meeting to consult the membership
10 SETTING UP THE ORGANISATION
This constitution was adopted on Friday 6th October 2017 by the people whose signatures appear below. They are the first members of the organisation and will be the trustees until the AGM, which must be held within one year of this date.
Print name and role/s
Chairman Stewart Scott
Secretary/Vice Chairman David Butt
Head Coach Matty Saint
Coach Joey Franklin
Treasurer Chris Wilson
Professional Ambassador Steven Mullaney
Member Alice Godber
Member Ellie Renshaw